Yep. Ive been racing in Simraceway and others for couple of years now. I finally got involved in some team action. It’s a new team starting from scratch and it needed some logos and stuff for the team website. Since I quite like doing stuff like that I volunteered.
The original idea for the logo was to make it look like old oil company branding from 30′s or 40′s. Think old Mobil Castrol and Gulf advertizements. Not sure how well I managed to do it, but everyone seems happy about the result:
Inkscape is a remarkable piece of software if I may say. Who needs Illustrator!?
Then of course there’s the website, and some kind of a header image was needed. Here’s what I came up with:
As usual, created with Art of Illusion and Gimp. Unfortunately I’m not that good modeller. The car is a free webfound model, but everything else is mine.
Base render. Just the tarmac, curbs, rails, and a ”sponsor board” in the back.
Then a render with a car. Ooh the glowing brake discs.
The car wasn’t rendered blurred, but lassoed and copied to separate layer in Gimp, and then horisontally blurred. Darn, it’s so fast!
Then as a separate layer I added few red, green and black spots with a brush, and large number ”53″ on top of the car layer and blurred them up with the same settings. Now there’s some sponsor stickers and a clear indicator telling it’s a racing car! Nott your average grocery getter anymore. Also few brushstrokes below the car as skidmarks. Later I added also slight tiresmoke and some vignetting to make it look better. There you have it.